Suzannne

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward

Defiance by Stephanie Tyler

Defiance (Defiance #1) - Stephanie Tyler

This was very close to being a 4 Star book!

An enjoyable MC read, with the added twist of being set in a dystopian world. There's a lot going on in Defiance. Conflict and mistrust seem to be the common thread both inside and outside the compound. Forward planning has the club well prepared for the chaos that struck the world and now they are able to exist comfortably, albeit a bit closer than normally.

It’s almost a waiting game that is underpinning the future of the MC as well as the family matters within. Tru has been surviving in some shape or form most of her life as has Cas. They both understand each other more than they acknowledge. Friendships and solidarity drive this story, with loyalty playing a key factor.

I both read and listened to this book at the same time. The narrator was easy to listen to, although I discovered I read faster than the narrator. Know that you could speed it up, but the voice just didn't sound right when I tried!

If you like MC books, you should enjoy this one. Dialogue was believable; characters were easy to connect with and I 'wanted' the H and h to 'be'.