Suzannne

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward

Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4) by Kristen Ashley

Breathe  - Kristen Ashley

In Breathe, there’s a quest for “good’ to conquer ‘bad’, the kind of ‘good’ that allows people to 'breathe' easy.

Chase, a respected local detective, has been suffering the sins of his father; way beyond what any son should endure.  He's finally had enough and has drawn a line under that life and trying to move on.  Faye, the dedicated local librarian, has crushed on Chase for years, not giving another man a look in, finally through opportunity and  some 'gentle 'encouragement from her friends, she finally decides it’s time to rattle that ‘cage’.

Then again, she was known for being quiet and not just because it was an occupational hazard, seeing as she was the town’s librarian.

Faye maybe quiet, but she’s definitely a woman who is a determined character and when she sets her mind to it, she makes that ‘quiet’ work wonders.  Helping others and fighting for what is right.

Carnal is about to be shaken up as Chase and Faye find themselves involved in the latest drama to unfold.  Chase being in the force and Faye with the respect of the locals, work slowly and steadily to influence change and right the wrongs of the past.

A bit of a slow start to this story had me struggling to really get into it until about the 25% mark, but once I did, I couldn't put it down! The story involves a few side stories that create the suspense that plays a second fiddle to Chase and Faye's slowly evolving relationship.

As usual, there's some great light hearted moments, especially when the sisterhood steps in with the 'advice'  and the sweet moments that have you swooning for yet another KA alpha, the straight talking, loving kind with a heart of gold kind of man!  Lots of music references that are great to listen to as you read Chase and Faye’s story.

Kristen Ashley is one of my favourite authors, her books are amongst my 'go to' reads that take me to that 'happy place' you need head to every now and then. It always feels like you're back with family as you find yourself catching up with characters from previous books and 'visit' familar local attractions...such as The Rooster and smiling big time when he decides to take her there!