Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Down & Dirty - Reese Madison I was hooked by the time I finished the sample downloaded off amazon, once I got into the full story though, it lost a bit of its appeal. Still enjoyed the story and I'll read the next book, as I want to find out what happens next :) Reason I found the story less appealing was due to the focus being more on the MC club rather than the mix of Carly's bar and her banter with them as an outsider. Found Joe and Carly hard characters to connect with but at the same time I wanted to follow their story.
Down & Dirty is a quick read, that deals with quite a few situations, that tended to 'materialise' rather than slowly evolve. There was drama but not angst, Carly is defined by other characters as being strong willed but this doesn't pan out the majority of the time, with her giving into Joe quickly and accepting her fate in complete contrast to her initial strong stance. The story is written in alternating chapters, mainly from Carly and Joe's prospective.