Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites, #2) - Avery Aster I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.

My rating: 2.5 stars

Unscrupulous boasts quite an array of entertaining characters! In the beginning I found that they almost crowded my head. Fortunately, for most of the story, the focus is on Tabby and Warner. A chance meeting between Tabby and Warner, doesn't end well and creates the background 'romance' for Unscrupolous. Tabby reminded me a little of Samantha from SiTC, don't know if that influenced my reading or not but there it is! Not sure if subconsciously I expected her to be more like Samantha or not?

Warner, is a successful man, but a very private one. This makes for an interesting combination between him and Tabby, a bit of comprimise will need to be summoned from both of them. He's determined to make her his and this won't be an easy task :)

Tabbys associates are also her friends and she has surrounded herself with an interesting variety of colleagues! This provides ample material for humour within the book. This is part of the story that didn't resonate with me, but if you liked Seduction and Snacks, maybe this would be more to your liking than mine.

There's lots of 'steamy' moments, but again they didn't work for me. Not sure at times whether these were written as 'tongue in cheek' (pardon the pun) humour but I found myself cringing at some of the details.

Epilogue finishes up nicely, and this was my favourite part of the story. I think that the Manhattenites series will be one that you'll either love or not.