Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2) - M. Leighton Olivia continues working at Dual trying to juggle a discreet / secret romance with Cash. It all becomes problematic when the bad guys want something he's got and are determined to get it.
Up to Me was more of a mystery story rather than love angst triangle as per the first book, this was a little disappointing but there were still some steamy moments to keep you entertained...interesting take on a JD body shot! Well done Cash and a rather saucy tease from Olivia that lasted quite a few pages..
Where I didn't enjoy this as much as the first book, was that It lacked sufficient suspense. The bad guys tended to 'roll over' too fast , the dangerous situations were predictable and lacked that edgy feeling that has you holding your breath whilst wanting to warn the character at the same time. I must say that Nash is coming into his own and I think the third book should be worth reading.