Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
True Love Story - Willow Aster Smiling, pondering how I can describe True Love Story? Infatuation, soul mates and chemistry come to mind at the same time as player, bastard, contradiction and heartbreaker. Of course I was smitten and hung out for a HEA, not knowing how it could be. All the angst and heartbreak were warranted and absence didn't make the heart grown fonder, but it didn't heal it either. The inevitability of 'being' for Sparrow and Ian would be a struggle and normally that would put me off, so I don't know why I loved this story so much, but I did. From the creative font used for each chapter heading, perfectly summing up what was to follow with no more than a few words, to the drawn out, agonising time spent in mainly Sparrow's head. Sparrow may have thrown her phone, but that was way after I'd been willing Ian to wake up to myself and get his act together! Ian was a loveable unattainable character and Sparrow was trapped in his charm. So was i. Their story could have panned out differently, but I'm glad it didn't. Would love to read this story from Ian's POV!