Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Wicked Cravings  (The Phoenix Pack, #2) - Suzanne  Wright What an ending!
Reading Wicked Sins was just as much as a challenge for me at times as it was for Jaime surving within Trey's pack and it peaked around the 75% mark. Not that I didn't enjoy #2 in this series, just that I wanted to scream, get a room, but hey they had that and an office and the outdoors ....getting my drift?
Loved the continued heated exchanges between Greta and Jaime, smiling when a glimpse of Greta's loyalty slipped out. She's one handful of a matriarch that I hope will continue to provide a sideline of entertainment in #3.

There's a real sense of family amongst the characters, that continues to build from Feral Sins. Dante is initially closed off, slowly though as he becomes more aware of his being, so is the reader. Jaime, traumatised is in a constant battle of remaining in control. Lucky she's a beta and a fighter! Dante and Jaime have both put strong barriers between themselves and their surrounds, interestingly this helps each other to have compassion for each other. Slowly they both work at what seems like the impossible, facing fear, prejudice and rivalry from all around them, save a few.

Danger lurks continually, only being revealed occasionally, but just knowing it was there, keeps you on edge. Keen to read the next book in this series and hoping its Shayla's story. No cliffhanger, just leaves you wanting to come back and see what the pack is up to :)