Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Arouse (Spiral of Bliss, #1) - Nina Lane I don't know what I expected when I started this book, but it didn't turn out to be what I anticipated. Arouse was an easy going story about a marriage going through turmoil and the power of resilience in trying to survive.
Liv and Dean are from the outside a happily married couple. Then along comes a situation that seems non existent but brews as a troublesome issue just below the surface of their happiness. Dean is Liv's rock in life and he seems to take her love and adoration in his stride. Not that he doesn't love her, he just seems to be going through the motions. And this ambivalence, starts to take their relationship along a path neither of them enjoy. A non- disclosure, that wasn't a major issue in itself, but keeping it hidden meant that it wasn't resolved, haunts both of them..before and after it seeps to the surface.
Throughout the story, flashbacks provide the details of how their love evolved, giving you hope for their future. I didn't always have 'love' for Dean as a husband, only mellowing towards the end of the book. I liked Liv and enjoyed following her within the story, but i found Dean to be a bit frustrating and not as engaging as he could have been, Arouse, does finish on a sight cliffhanger, but the second book is out and there'll be no frustrating wait.