Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Seize Me (Breakneck, #1) - Crystal Spears Seize Me was unlike any other Biker book I've read. I like dark reads but what I like is more of a psychological thriller and I wouldn't put this book in that category.

Winter / Angel is only in her early 20s but already she's seen more than most would have done so in a lifetime. The drama and mayhem that's been unleashed around her only manages to harden her resolve, turning her into a survivor that givs as good as she gets!

Brax didn't 'do it' for me, I didn't see the appeal apart from the fact he was easy 'on the eye'. For all his bravado, he seemed to be confusingly 'needy' and badass at the same time.

A hard story to read, due to the graphic violence, which you are warned about in the introduction, but that warning still didn't prepare me for the calibre of the detail shared. And that detail really took away from the journey that I would normally crave for when reading.

That being said,I think I've discovered my limitations that i wish to endure within a story and it was exceeded this time.
I've given this book 3 stars, not related to how i enjoyed the story (which in general I didnt) but mainly because I think the MC world is romantisesd a little (OK, maybe a lot) and I imagine that most story lines skirt around trouble, still leaving you without doubt what is going on but not in this case. There's no way I would even contemplate for a second that the Breakneck world would be one that would even be fun to visit for a half hour, let alone a day.