Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Reckless - Skye Jordan Overall this was a nice easy book to read, there were some fun moments and I really liked the main characters. It took me a couple of chapters to get into and I did find there were other moments in the book where I wanted the pace to pick up a bit more.

Lexi has set out to try and be successful in the culture /. Design world, but it starts to take its toll as it seemingly is forcing her to chose between success and happiness. Jax is constantly being used by women in one form or another and he is cautious but infatuated with te idea of having Lexi in his life. In practice they're perfect together but in theory they're a recipe for failure. Wise words are spoken by a respected colleague / client who I think plants te seed that could change their outlook and control this city rather than have it control them.

What took ths book to a 3 star read for me was that i loved the interaction between Lexi and Jax, especially that initial getting to know you stage! Book ended without a cliffhanger for those wondering :)