Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Metamorphosis (Book Boyfriend, #1) - Erin Noelle First up I want to share that I liked Metamorphosis. What determined that this was a 3 star read rather than 4, was that I found some of the situations hard to accept or believe. Now that's saying something, since I quite often am willingly taken on some pretty surreal story lines and are totally absorbed by them. So it's not that I need to read something that is plausible, I just have to be able to believe it could be so within the context that I'm reading.
Ok, enough ranting! What I did love about the book was the beautiful friendship between Evie and Scarlet, Mason aka Rat and how music was pivotal to the story. The steamy scenes were captivating and the rawness of emotion was brilliant. (Have the tissues ready) Would definitely look forward to reading more in this series as I think it has so much potential and I'm keen to follow how Scarlet will survive her return to live amongst her friends again.
The ending was lovely, with a few questions left open within the epilogue, but definitely not a cliff hanger!