Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Obsession - Jennifer L. Armentrout If someone told me I would enjoy reading about an alien, an alien that epitomised 'hot', I'd tell them they were 'dreaming'!

But here I am, having just added Hunter to my list of hot badass alphas :)

Obsession, putting aside the Alien presence, is a story of forbidden love, where love has the potential to kill. Don't go there! That's the logical, natural response - but then when you're in the moment, cruising beyond the speed of light, how do you stop the inevitable? You don't, you hang on knowing that if you die, you'll do so with a smile ;)

Hunter and Serena, have been thrown into this situation, not by choice or their own doings, both victims of circumstance. Not able to trust anyone, let alone each other makes survival tough. Going against the odds they both seek to exist and do so bynfoolwing their hearts, nap much to the dismay of each other.

Angst, fear, desire and righteousness drove the characters, compelling me to overlook my prejudices towards the Arum race. Being a fan of the Luxem, I leapt into this book not knowing how I would connect with the 'enemy', but I did!