Suzannne

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward

Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4) by Kristen Ashley

Breathe  - Kristen Ashley

A story of good triumphing bad, the kind that allows people to 'breathe' easy.

Chase, a respected local detective, has been suffering the sins of his father, way beyond what any son should endure. He's finally had enough and has drawn a line under that life and he's trying to move on. Faye, the dedicated local librarian, has crushed on Chase for years, not giving another man a look in, finally through opportunity and some 'gentle 'encouragement from her friends that she finally decides its time to rattle that cage.

A bit of a slow start to this story had me struggling to really get into it until about the 25% mark, but once I did, I couldn't put it down! The story involves a few side stories that create the suspense that plays a second fiddle to Chase and Faye's slowly evolving relationship.

As usual, there's some great light hearted moments, especially when the sisterhood steps in with the 'advice' and the sweet moments that have you swooning for yet another KA alpha, the straight talking, loving kind with a heart of gold kind of man!