Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Rock Chick Renegade - Kristen Ashley

Rock Chick Renegade didn't head in the direction I expected, but I trusted KA and just went with the flow. Each Rock Chick story builds on the previous books and its like catching up with old friends or hanging out in a familiar neighbourhood.

Jules is a determined, kick ass woman with attitude, that throws herself so much into life, trying to right wrongs but to the extent to there's no time left for her. A chance meeting with Vance, a hot Nightingale employee ( is there any other kind of Nightingale employee?), who is determined to throw a spanner into her nocturnal activities.

Vance is on a mission, for more reasons than Jules initially is aware of. To help her through this, the Rock Chicks are in full force, supporting a potential new Rock Chick as she is unwillingly drawn into their crazy world. Upfront, in your face and total sincerity abounds as the Rock Chicks act in haste to prepare their latest girl, for the fast moving, possessive, focused adoration that is about to hit her like a freight train.

Jules has the respect of the people she deals with except the drug dealers she's making life difficult for. Starting to creep out of her depth, Jules does all she can to brake the resilience of the dealers, ruffling feathers of those she should steer clear from.

Drugs, weapons, smoke bombs, cling wrap (trust me, it was impressive) combine with a feisty social worker, who lives with her spoilt cat being her main source of companionship, to provide another entertaining Rock Chic book! Heading straight onto the next book...a certain someone was so sweet in this story (ok, maybe a bit of a player) that I'm hoping they get their HEA :)