Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) - C.J. Roberts Wow, a difficult subject matter that didn't initially entice me to pick up the dark duet series but after seeing it recommended as something to read after the Consequences series, i thought I'd give it a go. Totally hooked from the moment I started. Filled with mixed emotions and sometimes confusion, I couldn't help but empathise with both Livvie and Caleb. Totally immersed in this dark world, you see how a practiced kidnapper, sets out to break the resolve of his victim, to turn them into a conducive subhuman pet for those who would pay handsomely for such an acquisition on the black market. Not sure how much I should now say without including spoilers. Written with alternating chapters that shift between the past and present, we learn more about Caleb through the the eyes of detective Reed. Meanwhile Livvie uses all the methods that have been instilled in her by her master to survive her latest situation. Appreciated the epilogue and the first chapter of the next book. Relieved and ever great full not to be left with a cliff hanger ending!