Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Lover Awakened - J.R. Ward Lover Awakened had me on the edge throughout! So many sub plots running through each book that you are constantly being kept on your toes. Sub plots touch on issues such as disabilities, dependancies, abuse, belonging and mental health in various forms through the characters. Each one dealing with their own personal issue at the same time as maintaining their role within their communities.

Zsadist is one of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, a warrior that no one messes with, not even his brothers. Then along comes Bella and stirs up his deeply buried emotions.. She's had her eye on him from the beginning but it's not until he can't reach her does he start to see his emerging feelings for her.

The lessers feature again and I find myself disappointed when the story focuses on their unpleasant escapades, especially Mr O - he has some serious issues festering and you wonder how long he can walk the thin line of existence he tries to pull off.

Nicely balanced off with some very steamy marathon moments that require a warrior's endurance;)

Few issues remain to be dealt with, but not cliff hangers, happy to wait to see how they unravel in the next book. This series just keeps getting better and better!