Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Sempre - J.M. Darhower I struggled to understand Haven's circumstance or the significance it played within the story until quite a way into the book. This didn't stop me from loving this story and had no trouble connecting with Haven, Carmine, Dominic and Nicholas.

Sempre is a story of the sanctity of life and what people are prepared to do for others in the name of loyalty, compassion or whatever you or those you care about need to do to stay alive.

Carmine, Vincent and Haven are all from very different walks of life, yet they have to try and come together to continue to sustain the worlds they exist in. If only they cold trust in each other...but then I wouldn't have had to endure the pages that had me on edge, making this the page turner that I enjoyed!

Amongst the drama, mayhem and angst the majority of Sempre was about unconditional love and learning to trust again. Life doesn't always give you a second chance and choices are often made with the options before you, at the time you make them.

Learnt some new Italian words, most sweet but not all ;)......

And then there was the reference to a 'dragon' that I had to 'google'....

Can't wait for book 2!