Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Blind Obsession - Ella Frank A Raw, haunting and moving recount of a love that escaped boundaries known to most. Two artists in their own right, connected in such a way that they struggled to grasp. It's a chosen journalist that is given the onerous challenge to share the story of the painter and musician with the rest of the world.
Gemma is the journalist that is given the task of bringing Phillipe's story, but that cannot be done without first understanding Chantelle. Chantelle's blindness has only been a barrier to others, with her understanding that sighted people's inability to 'see' is the true disability. When the talent to 'see' and 'feel' what life offers, it is then that a treasured beautiful dimension to our world unfolds before the blessed.
The lines blur between two people dropping their guards as they try to establish a bond of trust that captures the reader as they soon become aware that a third is amongst them. Two become three as quick as three become two, daring to almost form a trinity, that in a way that seems wrong but in this setting it feels almost sanctioned.
Phillipe is provocative and seductive, to the point where I thought my iPad would melt! (Nothing left to the imagination). And I can understand Gemma succumbing to his emotional roller coaster ride because the electricity it creates is beyond what normally leaps off a page.
A Blind Obsession took me on an unexpected challenging read, that needed to be devoured slowly. An interactive book with links to the music that the characters are listening to. A nice inclusion that I think enhances the bond between the story and reader.
The last 5%, I read jthrough intermittent tears and smiles. At one point towards the end I was bracing myself for a book hang over like no other! Almost felt like I was being eased into a 'break-up' between the characters / story and myself as the reader.....and I didn't want them to leave me either! The ending is perfect, you're not told everything, but you don't feel the need to know, I felt I understood why it had to be so.