Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Going Under - S. Walden Brooke is seeking redemption for breaking a sacred code amongst best friends, having a relationship with the guy your BF is still seeing

Guttered and driven to make amends, Brooke tries to sacrifice her life to achieve justice but she doesn't count on not being able to ignore 'funeral guy'. Ryan. Ryan is caring, fun and exciting, how could she resist? Starting a new school, Brooke has the chance to start anew and play her game for her BF, but those who she lets in to her inner circle are concerned for her welfare. A regular Nancy Drew, Brooke gathers excellent assistants relying on dubious but successful methods to gather the evidence she needs to bring the ratbags down.

Connects with the characters that I felt comfortable with, unsure of Cal and adored her dad - he was so so sweet, the kind of dad every girl should have, right down to her outdated bedroom he so lovingly recreated for her!

Going down deals with difficult situations, in a confronting yet well presented manner. The dark scenes were pivotal to the story, but they were included in a way that made me appreciate the whole story and importantly the message it left me with - don't judge other's reasoning for their reactions, it can be complicated!