Suzannne

MyReadingWorld

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
J.R. Ward
Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies, #2) - Tarryn Fisher I hesitated in choosing to read this book because I just disliked Leah so much in The Opportunist. It almost felt like a betrayal to Olivia to even listen to one word of explanation as to why anyone could be so bitchy and mean! But thanks to a little persuasion from Chel and lots of great reviews I took the plunge :)

The title says it all in so many ways, it describes her perception of her heritage rightly or wrongly; her actions and her reasoning. Leah is Dirty Red. Played Dirty and got what she wanted, or thought she did until it was too late. Caleb is probably more of a match to her scheming ways than she anticipated, but he is driven by love and good intentions from what I can gather whereas Leah is a self centred and cold hearted, driven to serve her own needs and wants. She has a warped view of how society and its people are, totally politically incorrect and insensitive to the feelings of others.

As much as I don't want to admit this, Leah I think is starting to grow as a person in a good way but I doubt that there could ever be enough goodness to make up for all the vindictive, self serving deeds she has committed! Through hearing about her background and family life, you can see what created the person Leah has become and I can understand Caleb for persevering. And what I feared most about reading Dirty Red didn't eventuate in the end, I don't feel any more or less for Leah, I've been left with more respect for Olivia and if anything sadness for Caleb.

It does have a slight cliff hanger ending, but with Leah, I wasn't surprised and really just sealed her overall manipulating. So don't let that put you off waiting to read this book. I must say that I would class Dirty Red as a dark read, more in the 'mood' than the 'deeds'', but it was done so well! Congratulations, Tarryn Fisher, I can't wait for the next book in this series!